yellowdog 2.1 installer problems

Subject: yellowdog 2.1 installer problems
From: elliot peele (elliot@trilug.org)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2001 - 19:44:13 MST

i am having serious problems with the 2.1 installer. it continues to crash
when 'Transfering pachages' and its realy starting to piss me off. i don't
beleive that there is anything wrong with my computer being that it runns
linuxppc and debian just fine, therefore it must in some how be the
installer. i would realy like to run yellowdog because i like the way that
it is set up. linuxppc looks to have stopped development and is going
under and i just don't like how debian feels or the fact that the
installer doesn't install important things like ftp or pine. i have tried
using another distro to format the partitions, downloading the iso one more
time and burning it again.

if anyone can give me any suggestions at all i would greatly appriciate
it. the specs on my machine are listed bellow.

power macintosh 6500/250
32MB ram
40GB maxtor hard drive
10T assante nic