Re: 5500 Blank video bootx

Subject: Re: 5500 Blank video bootx
From: Marc Stergionis (stermarc@home.com)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 09:17:10 MST

Sometime around 4:03 PM +0000 on 11/20/01, Simon Troup pounded out this ditty:
>I've just been reading a little more and it seems that BootX can't be used
>with anything after OS 9.0.0 and I have 9.1 on the powermac 5500, so perhaps
>that is the problem.
>
>Is there an alternative as I don't have OS 9.0.0 or anything earlier?
>
>In fact, I don't need MacOS running on that machine at all.
>
>Regards
>
>ST
>
>> From: Simon Troup <simon.troup@btinternet.com>
>> Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 16:49:25 +0000
>> To: <yellowdog-general@lists.yellowdoglinux.com>
>> Subject: 5500 Blank video bootx
>>
>> Trying to install YDL 2.0 on 5500/225 (built in monitor). When bootx prompts
>> for OS no matter what I select I get a blank screen. I searched the archives
>> and the question has been raised a number of times but there are no answers
> > to the problem. Can anyone help?

I have never read that ... but I do have BootX starting YDL2.1 on an
8600-300 running 9.1!

Maybe the 5500 is a special case ....

-ms

--
Many have Montana envy ... the lucky get to live here!
Marc Stergionis -- Community Relations & website author