Re: Couple of questions

Subject: Re: Couple of questions
From: Charlie Watts (cewatts@frontier.net)
Date: Sun Nov 25 2001 - 08:38:09 MST

( I wrote, though attribution has been deleted:)
> > > Does "eject /dev/fd0" not work?
> > No,there no menu choice in the Menu when the disk is selected, I was using
> > the KDE interface
> You need to open a terminal to issue those commands to linux. This
> isn't the MacOS where you can select everything from a menu.

The new iBook doesn't have an eject button for the CD-ROM, either.

I've created a toolbar button to eject it - you could do the same thing
with your floppy.

K Menu -> Configure Panel -> Add -> Non-KDE Application

At the "Select an executable" dialog, enter "/usr/bin/eject"; Hit OK.

At the "Non-KDE application configuration" dialog, enter "/dev/fd0". If
you want to change the icon from the little gear, click it.

Does that help?

--
Charlie Watts
cewatts@frontier.net