Monitor Display Problem-Help Please! :)

Subject: Monitor Display Problem-Help Please! :)
From: Brian Egeness (brianfe@ameritech.net)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 00:20:25 MST

Hello YDL community (my first time here and really glad to be here),

 Ok...I have an issue that needs your help YDL community!!! Here's the
facts.

My system:
Powermac 8500
XLR8 MACh Carrier G4 card 450MHz w/ 1MB Backside Cache
17" Multiple Scan 1705
OS 9.1
Open Firmware 1.0.5
YDL 2.1 Commercial CD Install

The issue...and be gentle :)! The install went smooth as chilled Absolut
except for this one problem...after selecting the proper monitor from the
install setup and arriving at the KDE GUI, on my display monitor, transposed
over the entire screen is what looks like a 50 lane highway. I've got 50
rows or so of vertical, transparent, white dashes transposed over the GUI. I
had to adjust the vertical and horizontal with the monitor adjustment
buttons as the desktop was squashed but really not an issue. I've searched
the community's mailing list for an answer to no avail. I've found no
mention of a similar issue. I'm using an XLR8 MACh Carrier G4 upgrade card
and thought that might have been the issue. So...I pulled the card, reset
the cuda switch, and replaced the original 604 120MHz card. Rebooted into
YDL and walla...same problem! Any clues guys?
    I was very excited about YDL 2.1 and the upcoming BlackLab release
but...right now I'm pulling my hair out tryin to get this to work. I would
have bought the support option had the tech support not told me that it was
a snap to install on my machine. I've got 3 silver software coasters as it
stands and 14 hours lost on tearing my computer apart repeatedly, putting it
back together, and reconfiguring settings. I even went so far as to
reconfigure the bandit settings for video output and monitor devices in Open
Firmware 1.0.5 of this cpu and issued a boot command but...same issue. White
dash highway. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I need to provide
you with more info I will do so gladly. I'm really looking forward to
joining the YDL community. You guys have a great thing going here.

TIA,

Brian