Yaboot/dualg4/cs1.2.1...please help me out here guys.

Subject: Yaboot/dualg4/cs1.2.1...please help me out here guys.
From: Joe Stewart (joerex@pacbell.net)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 21:04:03 MDT

Hey Guys,

I've been on this list for a while, helping out where I can and sharing the
things I learned installing CS 1.2 on my beige G3 server, then I got my dual
processor g4 and with the help of the FANTASTIC CS 1.2.1 have FINALLY got
linux installed on it...but I can't figure out how to get the darned thing
to boot.

Yaboot, in short, is driving me insane.

I haven't been able to gather from any other archived posts how to set up
yaboot in my situation, so I hope you guys will be able to help me out.

I have 3 hard drives in my computer. I have, connected to the main ata
controller, the 30 gig factory installed drive and a 60 gig drive that I
installed myself. Then, where the zip drive would normally go, I have a 10
gig drive dedicated to linux. On hda (30 gig factory drive), I have 2
partitions, one for my system folder (HFS), and one for my application files
(HFS+). The system partition is the second partition (hda10). I have
vmlinux, yaboot.conf, and yaboot, and bootscript in the system folder of the
second partition.

Could someone please explain to me why this entry in yaboot.conf is wrong
and what else I need to do to get a dual booting system:

image = hd:9,\\vmlinux
label = linux
root= /dev/hdd10

As shown here, my linux is installed on hdd, with / being hdd10.

I would be forever in gratitude to the person who helps me get linux booting
properly.

Joe