sharing PPP conecction...

Subject: sharing PPP conecction...
From: Mauricio Cerda (busman@telsur.cl)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 11:56:59 MDT

Hi...
after 17 try, I finally get YDL run perfect (all ok when start) on my
G4 400 Mhz, 192 RAM and two IDE drives...

Now I have some programs in MacOS that make the service nedd for my network...

with my g4 I connect to the interne wit a ISDN Zyxel Omninet Plus TA,
this have a db9 connector soo... I have Belkin db9 to USB adapter...
to get my ISDN working... the connector have a software that create a
serial port in the USB... then with software (vicomsoft router) I
connect to the internet (PPP) and the machine (this, my g4) is
convert to be a router of the rest of the machine in here, get his
connection for ethernet...

soo....

how I do that under linux YDL 1.2.1?

-Use and USB to serial adapter? (Belkin F5U003)
-With this adapter use and ISD terminal Adapter (I know my init...
AT&J3&K44 for use two channels)
-Share a PPP (dynamic IP) connection...
-Mount a e-mail server (in MacOS I use EIMS and in the machine inside
the net the e-mail server is configure as 127.0.0.1 soo when I make
other PPP connection and get different IP my clients always have
e-mail server working... no change need it...)

Well that is for now... I hope anyone can help me... Iīm jus starting
in use linux... :)

PD: who make the spanish messages in YDL? jejeje very primitive
spanish is like "I want banana" jejej

Waiting for some help...

Mauricio Cerda V. mailto:busman@telsur.cl
Temuco, Chile. Phone Number: 56 45 329703
Soporte Mac "MACkerīs" http://www.asesoriamac.terra.cl