Sound Issues

Subject: Sound Issues
From: Tony Yazbeck (tyazbeck@bigfoot.com)
Date: Mon Oct 30 2000 - 06:50:51 MST

Hi,

I figured out why my sound doesn't work but I need help getting it to work.

When I do a clean install of champion server, it installes in /lib/modules/ version 2.2.15-2.9.0

When I type in the command 'modprobe dmasound', sound magically comes on, but I still can't hear music from my audio CD.

HOWEVER, when I use 'yup update' to update my os with the latest things, it installs a newer version of the modules folder, version 2.2.17-0.61 and when booting, I get a FAILED when sound is trying to startup because it is looking for the previous version of the modules folder.

Is their a way around this? Also, how can I get my cd player to play music after I get sound back? The CD player plays fine, its just that no sound comes out.

Thanks

Tony

PS. I also noticed that for some reason the volume of sound on YDL is related to the sound control panel of the MacOS. If the sound is set up high on the MacOS, you'll hear it loud on the linux side too. Weird...any explanations?