Re: Routing Question

Subject: Re: Routing Question
From: Brian Watson (bcwatso1@uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 11:12:16 MDT

>Good commentary Bryn.
>Excellent pricing. Not so here in the us.
>How are you getting better throughput that
>a 1.5Mb T1 line with ADSL? You know it one or
>the other. UP or DOWN but not concurrently.
>
>Oh..and you are not allowed to have servers
>on cable in the US. Really curious about
>that 2.5 Mbps downstream and 512kbps upstream
>ADSL speed. Sounds like SDSL (in the US) to me.
>
>Pricing can vary, but generally 192k up and 128k down for $45
monthly is typical here. Full 1.5MB cable is about the same.

It does depend on who your provider is. I have AT&T@Home. My
service hasn't any problems, but the outlook does not look good. ;)
I like having a static IP and faster download speeds. It is better
and cheaper than for similar services with DSL (at least with our
local providers).

--Brian