PHP 4.0.2 can't find mysql shared objects

Subject: PHP 4.0.2 can't find mysql shared objects
john.newsom@bsd405.com
Date: Sat Sep 23 2000 - 09:05:13 MDT

I got the same compile error, reported it to php.net after looking in the debug
log in the php source folder, and opted to use the default PHP 4.02 installation
which includes mysql support, although there is a warning about some
limitations. But for starting out learning PHP/mysql, I'm sure it will suffice.

I followed others' advice, and downloaded the source files of apache,php and
mysql, and compiled them using the usr/local path. I have not experimented with
following the redhat directory structure for apache and mysql.

John Newsom