Installation issues on "Wall Street" G3 (400/128MB/DVD/6GBHD)

Subject: Installation issues on "Wall Street" G3 (400/128MB/DVD/6GBHD)
From: Sean Fay (ssbob_98@pacbell.net)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 14:23:31 MDT

Ok,

This is kinda a wierd problem and I really have no idea where to even go
with it.
When I start the install of YDL 2.0 I can get to where the packages are
selected and the system starts to read from the cd to install the packages.
But for some reason the cdrom drive then stops and the whole installer
program seems to hang at about 1 or 2 % into the install. Now, I have tried
grabbing ISO's from other sites and they do the same thing exactly.
Secondly, I have tried to install the Mandrake PPC 8.0 version of Linux also
from ISO and it does the same thing. This to me sounds like hardware but
could it be the DVD drive??

HELP PLEASE ... my G3 is now a paperweight