Re: YDL 2.0 on a PowerBook 2400

Subject: Re: YDL 2.0 on a PowerBook 2400
From: Rob (orthanc@crispdata.com)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 03:20:31 MDT

Thanks for the info Tim. It gave me enough clues to get further, but I'm not
quite there. Can you send/post your /etc/sysconfig/pcmcia and
/etc/pcmcia/config* files? Did you use i82365 for the controller type? My
sysconfig/pcmcia is:

PCMCIA=yes
PCIC=i82365
PCIC_OPTS=do_scan=0
CORE_OPTS=

Right now, after I installed the package, changed the config as above, and
changed the K96pcmcia in rc3.d to S96pcmcia, it seems to load and recognize
the card as a Kingston KNE-PC2 Ethernet, which is in the /etc/pcmcia/config
file. That page says that it should be supported on ppc. That translates
into loading the 8390 and pcnet_cs modules. But when it does the modprobe
pcnet_cs it gives a message "kernel: pcnet_cs: RequestIO: No more items",
and then "cardmgr[403]: get dev info on socket 0 failed: no such device".
So it's getting tripped up on something.

BTW, At what point does the device entry for eth0 get created?

I never got the Cardbus upgrade hack. What cards has it let you use?

I'm not planning on running X once things are configured. I figure that
Apache+PHP will work, but wasn't sure about the minimum footprint of mySQL
or Postgres.

Thanks

-Rob