Re: Screen Resolution

Subject: Re: Screen Resolution
From: Tom Intrator (intrator@lanl.gov)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 08:54:11 MDT

>Ok I did something to my install and now my screen resolution is all messed
>up, I am sure there is an easy way to change it but I don't know how.
>
>It looks ok at the boot-loader but when it loads the kernal it changes it to
>a lower resolution.
>
>any help is appreciated.
>
>thanks
>
>Jeremy

I think that you can sign on as root or superuser, and run

Xconfigurator

this has a bunch of settings for monitors. You can either choose from
a list, or roll your own settings. This seems to work on my G4.

On the other hand, I am having problems with my Power Computing
clone, a Power Tower PPC603 model 180E, which only seems to run at
800x600 resolution. Perhaps the clone video card is not recognized by
Xconfigurator .

Tom

--
Tom Intrator
P-24 Plasma Physics Group

office phone = 505 665 2927 [not likely to be here] lab (RSX) phone = 505 667 7600 [more likely to be here] student desks = 505 665 8207 [students and messages] lab (MTF) phone = 505 667 2387, 2397 [more likely to be here] LANL FAX = 505 665 3552 LANL email = intrator@lanl.gov

office 227, building 86, TA 35 package drop point 01U SM30 Bikini Atoll Road (add this warehouse address for Federal Express)

Field Reversed Configurations & Magnetized Target Fusion RSX - Collisionless Magnetic Reconnection Scaling eXperiment