network not working.

Jeff Ridder (jridder@gci.net)
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 23:47:27 -0800

Hello,
    I have been trying to install Champion Server for the last few days, but
I haven't managed to get my network working. I have a G3/266 desktop that
is attached to a cablemodem (Com21). I setup DHCP like I'm supposed but the
client dies after about 30 seconds with a failure message. I tried starting
it with the debug option and I get the following in my log "modprobe: can't
locate module net-pt-17". I also remember seeing something about some other
module problems, so I went back thru the logs and found other similiar
errors dealing with "char-major-5" and "char-major-14". Is there some RPM
that I'm missing or didn't get installed. I used the updated installer that
is currently posted on the website. If anyone can help, I would be
eternally grateful!

Jeff Ridder
jridder@gci.net