Re: ANS kernel updates(kernel 2.2.13)

Subject: Re: ANS kernel updates(kernel 2.2.13)
From: Andras Kadinger (bandit@freeside.elte.hu)
Date: Fri Dec 03 1999 - 21:56:07 MST

Hello Scott, lists,

I just recently installed r5 onto an ANS 700/150 at my company (reverting
to quik 1.3 was my lifesaver, thanks Scott), and I couldn't stand not to
use the fancy LCD on it.

I implemented a new ioctl() for sending control codes to the HD44780 (so
it can now be fully controlled from user-space), optimized the delays
based on the IC specs and some experimenting, and ported the lcdproc
package to this new device. I also created an LCD boot-message that gets
displayed when the kernel boots and the ANS driver gets initialized -
helps to see boot progress with a headless machine.

My patches are here:

http://www.lettera.hu/~bandit/ANS/

The lcdproc package is here:

http://lcdproc.omnipotent.net/

Hope this is useful to someone,

Regards,
Andras

PS1: XF86_FBDev on my ANS keeps fooling itself with thinking it has an
800x600 virtual desktop, while it actually displays it *wrapped around* on
640x480. Also, After using Scott's 2.2.11 kernel, I compiled my 2.2.13
kernel today and now my right shift, right ctrl and other keys basically
quit working on my hungarian capped Apple Design Keyboard. Anyone knows
why?

PS2: What is the correct sound driver to choose for ANS? I tried the
PowerMac DMA sound driver, but mpg123 doesn't even see it as /dev/dsp,
while it worked well with the previous (compiled by Scott) kernel.

aTdHvAaNnKcSe,
Andras