Kernel Compile - Missing System.map

Subject: Kernel Compile - Missing System.map
From: Adam Price (Adam@oldchildrensbooks.com)
Date: Thu Dec 16 1999 - 16:47:02 MST

In attempting to install the latest P.M. Stable kernel, 2.2.14pre9,
I followed the instruction on the YDL homepage exactly
        http://devel.yellowdoglinux.com/kernel.shtml

When I finished, and reboot, I get a slew of error messages of the type :

[Insert service] Warning {path?}System.map is incorrect [FAILED]
I can't remember what the full path was.

I assume that this is because the System.map is incorrect. I suppose I
should copy the new System.map into the directory in question. However -
/lib/modules/ is also lacking updated info (it only contains 2.2.6 &
2.2.6-16apmac)

I have no idea how to fix this. Please send courtesy copy of any

What does this make me?

--
adam@oldchildrensbooks.com

It is easier to judge a person's mental capacity by his questions than by his answers. --Le Duc de Levis, "Maxims"