PPP hang-up problem

Subject: PPP hang-up problem
From: Nathaniel Strauss (nstrauss@bigfoot.com)
Date: Sun Dec 26 1999 - 10:04:49 MST

The road to running Netscape is a long and winding one...

I am trying to get PPP working with the internal modem in my iMac DV. I am
using scripts based on
http://www.imaclinux.net:8080/content/942525201/index_html . Watching
/var/log/messages, I see that the chat script appears to work properly: All
of the expected tokens are found and authentication is successful. Then I
get:

pppd: Serial connection established.
pppd: Using interface ppp0
pppd: Connect: ppp0<-->/dev/modem
pppd: Hangup (SIGHUP)

I take this to mean that the server is hanging up on me. What can I do to
prevent this? Do I need to configure pppd somehow?

As a side note: when I try to run minicom, I get "error: /dev/modem does
not exist" although it does; I linked it to /dev/ttyS0.

(please cc to nstrauss@bigfoot.com)

Thanks,
Nate