Re: swap partition on 256MB RAM?

Subject: Re: swap partition on 256MB RAM?
MacPiano@aol.com
Date: Sun Feb 13 2000 - 17:06:41 MST

In a message dated 2/13/00 6:29:51 PM, resander@cs.hamilton.edu writes:

<< I will also be getting a new computer in the next month or so, a Mac
G4/450! It will have 256MB Ram! The user guide for YDL says that as a
general rule, I should double the amount of physical RAM to determine my
root partition size. 1/4 GB RAM yields 1/2 GB swap! That seems a little
much, will it be necessary or can I stick to 256MB swap, or even 128MB
swap? >>

Stay at 128. I know MKlinux says you can't go past 128. In actuallity you can
go without a swap. I have 256MB on my g4/450 with 128 swap

gary hostetler