Re: folder size mis-match

Subject: Re: folder size mis-match
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 03:14:46 MST

I took another look at the outputs of du, and the primary reason that
you are seeing different sizes is that there is different stuff in the
two directories ;) There is a cgi-bin in one, but not the other. There
is a lost+found in the other, but not in the one. There is an icons
directory that is only in one tree. The contents of ./html/me is not
the same.

Also, for doing backups, you should probably be using tar rather than
cp -r.

Jim

Robert Fout's bits of Thu, 17 Feb 2000 translated to: