Re: Radically wrong keymap

Subject: Re: Radically wrong keymap
From: Cyril Niklaus (cynik@mac.com)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 07:55:25 MST

Ian Miller wrote:

> My best guess is that it is due to it being a UK and not a US keyboard, and that
> the kernel is failing to recognise it.
I don't think that it matters whether it's a UK keyboard or not. My
laptop has a Japanese keyboard, and I use a Swiss-French ABD keyboard
(Apple Extended) with it. Both use a slightly different version of the
US keymap (simultaneously btw), but it works.
 Have you given xkeycaps (www.jwz.org) a try? This might provide you
with the right xmodmap.
Sorry I can't be more helpful.
cyril

--
tadyathA oM gate gate pAragathe pArasaMgate bodhi svAhA