where is my serial port?/ Palm syncing

Subject: where is my serial port?/ Palm syncing
From: Josh Forman (josh@joshforman.com)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 16:03:08 MST

I've a PowerMac 6500 and want to sync palm in linux (or at least make 'em
talk to each other in other ways). It's hooked up to my modem port (the 2nd
serial port that's usually covered up), but I can't figure out what * should
be in "/dev/*" the printer port was cua1, but I can't figure out this one.
Any ideas? Is there some software that I can use to figure it out, or does
anyone know?

Also, what software do I need in order to completely mimic my Mac HotSyncing
experience (minus the slowness and processor-hogging)? That is, I need a
desktop PIM, a conduit manager, and some conduits. So, what came with YDL,
and what do I need to get?

thanks a bunch!

--
Josh Forman

Webmaster, joshforman.com Palm stuff, Mac stuff, Josh stuff, other stuff Reviews, resources and more!

http://www.joshforman.com/