Re: Imap server

Darron Froese (darron@odi.ca)
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 21:38:42 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 1 Jun 1999, Paul Leclerc wrote:

> I remember someone talking about having problems with
> getting an IMAP server to work. I was reading an article
> in Infoworld and it mentioned an IMAP server available at
> <http://andrew2.andrew.cmu.edu/cyrus/imapd>

Paul,

Thanks for the tip - but I've still had no luck at all. It installs and
answers my queries, I still cannot log in at all. Every single imap server
that I've installed will not let me log in - whether or not I put pam into
the picture.

This is what happens when I log in:

/usr/local/bin/imtest -p localhost imap
* OK ans.odi.ca Cyrus IMAP4 v1.5.14 server ready
. LOGIN darron {L+}
. NO Login incorrect
* BYE LOGOUT received
. OK Completed
Connection Closed.

The messages and imapd.log show "bad login: plaintext darron incorrect
password" when I know the password is completely correct.

I don't know where to go from here - again - anyone else care to give it a
try and let me know if I'm going crazy?

Darron
darron@odi.ca
<http://i.am/darron/>