/dev/mixer

Evan Read (eread@netaccess.co.nz)
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 11:14:47 +1200

Hey all.

I am trying to get sound to work in X and, because I have an external
stereo hooked up, I need to use xmixer to adjust the line out levels.

when I run it it tells me something like "DEVICE /dev/mixer" not found.

That is ok. I think I need to "ln" something to it (much like one would ln
their cua0 to /dev/modem.

I have an imac REV B so what do I need to link to /dev/mixer to get xmixer
to work?

Thanks..

p.s. when using "ls", how does one get it to pause at the end of a screen
and wait for a keypress? (much like DOS's dir /p). I have checked out the
man pages but the functionality doesn't seem to exist.

Thanks

--
Evan Read