Re: Ftp setup?

Subject: Re: Ftp setup?
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Thu Mar 09 2000 - 16:20:36 MST

Reid Anderson's bits of Thu, 9 Mar 2000 translated to:

>Ok, I got the G3 running YDL and the web server is working, but I don't have
>any of the real pages there yet, just the default "It Worked!" page! I am
>trying to ftp the real html files up to the G3 from the G4, but obviously I
>don't have the ftp stuff setup right. I tried logging in with no username
>or password and I also tried logging in as root with appropriate password.

I am not sure what you expected to happen with no username or password ;)
If that had worked, it would be quite scary. As for root, most default
configs deny remote access to root, for very valid security reasons. Do
you have a regular user account on the machine that you could try?

Jim