Re: iMac and YellowDogLinux

Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 17:40:58 -0700 (MST)

Guillaume,

Well YDL is based off of a lot of work done as part of the "LinuxPPC
Project".. which is seperate from the work done by LinuxPPC, Inc.

We do work very closely with the developers around the world making Linux
on PowerPC possible..

Dan

> On 3/9/1999 18:43, Matthew McCleary said in living color:
>
> > It sounds to me as though Yellow Dog may in fact be the only distribution
> > that supports the iMac. I personally have been very disappointed by
> > LinuxPPC on my G3/266, and will be ordering Champion Server when it comes
> > out.
>
> I don't know a whole lot about Yellow Dog Linux but isn't it mostly based on
> code from the LinuxPPC project, only with some minor tweaks, maybe a
> modified (or new) installer and the promise of superior installation
> documentation and support?
>
> I would tend to consider that the behavior/performance of Yellow Dog Linux
> wouldn't be much different from LinuxPPC's.
>
> Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
>
> Guillaume Grenier

Dan

Terra Firma Design & Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.

 voice (970) 416-9821 in Fort Collins
 email dburcaw@terraplex.com
 website http://www.terraplex.com/