imapd servers

Darron Froese (darron@calgary.westworld.ca)
Fri, 28 May 1999 11:25:48 -0600

To all,

I've compiled the uofw imapd server and am having some problems actually
getting it to work. It seems to compile just fine, but it doesn't actually
let me log in. I've got this compiled and working on an mklinux machine just
fine but not on ydl. I watched the network traffic with OT Session Watcher
and the only changes between the two connections seem to be:

>000000D8> A001 OK LOGIN completed

>000000DB> A001 NO LOGIN failed

Everything else seems to be the same - I've tried with shadowed and
unshadowed passwords thinking that it may be contributing - no change. I've
tried with the 4.5-imapd and an older one from an earlier pine-4.10
distribution

Has anyone gotten an imap server compiled and working? I'm concentrating on
the U of W imapd because I'd like to actually install IMP
<http://www.horde.org/imp/> and have web access to my imap mailboxes.

Or, alternately, does anyone have an RPM available? I don't have my ydl cd
with me and I couldn't find one on the ftp site.

Thanks.

--
Darron
darron@calgary.westworld.ca - WestWorld Computers