Mouse Systems

Subject: Mouse Systems
From: Guillaume Marçais (gus@nist.gov)
Date: Mon Oct 11 1999 - 09:43:02 MDT

  I bought a nice 3 buttons mouse from Mouse Systems, MacPoint Pro model.
But I can't make the 2nd and 3rd buttons to work. More precisely, when I
look at the output of xev I can see that the left button send a 'Button1'
event, the middle button send a 'Left' event and the right button send a
'Right' event! The buttons and the right/left keys send the same events!!!
I verified this with xterm: I can move the cursor with the buttons of the
mouse. Great, but not what I expected!

  Is there anyway to map the button press to another event? Does anyone as
ever made the mouse from mouse systems to work?

  Guillaume.