G3 PB video acceleration

Subject: G3 PB video acceleration
From: Aaron Levitt (aaron@ultimatewisdom.com)
Date: Mon Sep 06 1999 - 16:57:10 MDT

YDL Users-

Just wanted to say that I just recently installed Champion 1.1 and I love
it. I just switched from linuxppc R5.

The only problem I have, which seems to be common, is getting my G3
powerbook to run with accelerated video. I looked all over the web and I
went back through the archives and found a few discussions on it, but when
I tried some of these things it didn't work. As soon as I added the kernel
arguments video=atyfb:vmode:14, I cant even get past the beginning of the
boot up process without the screen changing into bizarre colors and having
to reboot.

I apologize for starting a similar thread to ones in the past, since I
have seen the numerous threads in the archives, but of the ones in the
archives, I havnt seen a solution that has worked. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

-Aaron