Re: using tftp to start yd install (fwd)

Subject: Re: using tftp to start yd install (fwd)
From: Scott Hofmann (scott@mapobject.com)
Date: Tue Sep 07 1999 - 21:19:48 MDT

Stephen,

Let me get back to you on this weekend. I am away from the machine during
the week.

I cannot give you much detail until I set there and watch it. Generally
however, if I boot into the firmware prompt, it would display a "boot = n"
where n = some value 1 through 20 (?). It acts like it is counting,
displaying each number for about 2 seconds. After reaching the limit, (18 or
20 ?) it would automatically reboot. If I tried letting it boot through the
graphical firmware boot (relying on the default boot order - 1) floppy, 2)
CD-ROM, 3) Ethernet) it would set for a while and display an orange triangle
in the upper left corner with an error number.

Scott
scott@mapobject.com
http://mapobject.com