Re: G3 PB video acceleration

Subject: Re: G3 PB video acceleration
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Tue Sep 07 1999 - 23:41:49 MDT

Aaron Levitt wrote:

> I started my machine, entered the settings below in bootx, started linux
> and still had the same effect. It only got a few steps into the boot up..
> and the screen split and I coundnt see anything. I didn't even get to the
> Xconfigurator part. I am still using the kernel that came with the install
> (2.2.6), not sure if that will make a difference. But using the settings
> below, I still cant boot up. According to my Apple System Profiler, it is
> an ATY,RageLTPro. Any other suggestions??

Hi.

Which PowerBook are you working with? If it is one of the new ones, my
understanding is that you either need to revert to the Xpmac server or upgrade
your kernel to 2.2.12. You might want to take a look at...

http://www.loomer.com/linuxppc/#lombard issues

where they give a little more detail. I haven't actually tried the new kernel yet,
but I will probably try to find some time to do it later this week if you are
interested in the results.

Jim Cole