Re: I can't Get YDL to install on mu blue G3

Subject: Re: I can't Get YDL to install on mu blue G3
From: Kevyn Shortell (kevyn@apple.com)
Date: Thu Sep 09 1999 - 10:43:52 MDT

This is not true, USB keyboards and mice work fine on B&Ws.
It's something other than this. Probably running a older 1.0
kernel or something.

Kevyn

>Erick,
>
>I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that USB keyboards/mice arent
>supported on Blue G3s. I dont know if thats whats causing your
>problem but you might want to consider it as you try to get further.
>Also, have you tried booting into the install without going all the
>way into MacOS? Make sure No video driver is checked (as mentioned
>before) and I guess there shouldnt be anything filled in the root
>device field.
>

>>"Erick W. Curtis" wrote:
>>
>> > I am new to lunix and cannot get ydl to install on my Blue and
>>Ice G3. The computer just freezes when I start the boot app from the
>> > control panels. I am using a USB keyboard any ideas? Please,
>>Please, Please help. All I get is Lunix shows the kernel version
>>and
>> > than freezes.
>> >
>> > ecurt@cache.net
>>
>--
>Raffi Minassian
>raffi@dcit.com
>Founder & Senior Developer
>DataConcepts Information Technology Corporation
>"The Information Technology Company" (tm)
><http://www.dcit.com>http://www.dcit.com
>724 Bergen Blvd
>Ridgefield, NJ 07657
>201-313-1845 ext 712
>201-941-9699 fax

>**Do not be arrogant because of your knowledge, but confer with the
>ignorant man as with the learned... -Maxims of Ptahhotep, Dyn. V **

Kevyn Shortell Worldwide Developer Relations
Technology Manager Apple Computer, Inc
kevyn@apple.com http://developer.apple.com/
"War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left"