Re: dir colors

Subject: Re: dir colors
From: Scott R. Every (scott@emji.net)
Date: Wed Sep 29 1999 - 00:41:44 MDT

you need 2 things...first, use dircolors to setup the info from
/etc/DIR_COLORS
then set the ls aliase...from my /etc/bashrc file:
eval `dircolors -b`
alias ls="ls --color"

there are different settings for dircolors if you use a different shell the
above works well with bash...try 'man dircolors' for more info.

hope this helps

--On Tue, Sep 28, 1999 11:38 PM -0700 Aaron Levitt

--
Scott R. Every - mailto:scott@emji.net
EMJ Internet - http://www.emji.net