Re: ProFTP security

Subject: Re: ProFTP security
From: Aaron Levitt (aaron@ultimatewisdom.com)
Date: Wed Sep 29 1999 - 09:01:26 MDT

[snip]
> Also, on a related note, what's a good place to start learning about
>basic to advanced network security. I am not looking to crack down on
>users and system resources, I just want enough knowledge to track
>attempts and exploits and handle them accordingly.

Without a doubt, the best place to start (other than just reading
news and advisories on various pages such as hackernewsnetwork.org,
lopht.com, rootshell.org, slashdot.org to name a few good ones) is
with a book called 'Maximum Security'. The author is anonymous. It
shows network security from both sides of the network.

-Aaron

/^\ ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
\ /
  X "We have solutions, just not for your computer"
/ \ --Microsoft Tech Support