MOL under MacOS X - First successful run

Samuel Rydh mol-devel@lists.maconlinux.org
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 23:04:39 +0100

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 08:27:49AM +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> It would be nice to have a filesystem bridge to run linux on
> top of OS X

Yes... that is something to look into. The opposite (writing a
filesystem bridge for the OSX kernel) should also be investigated.
It would be nice to be able to install OSX directly in some
linux directory.

> BTW. Do you plan to work on the G5 support ?

Eventually, but not in the immediate future (I probably need to get
a G5 machine first). I'm a bit uncertain how much work is involved.
Most thing ought to be (relatively) straightforward. I would guess
that the main problem is the splitmode implementation which currently
utilizes BATs.

/Samuel