Bug report for new MacOS X compilation

Sam Bayer mol-devel@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 22:30:57 -0500

> From: ted bonkenburg <ted@inaddrany.com>
> Subject: Re: Bug report for new MacOS X compilation
> Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 11:17:00 -0800
> To: mol-devel@lists.maconlinux.org
>
> Hi Samuel,
>
> Thanks for the reply.  I now have mac os 9.1 installed on a 500 mb disk
> image.  HFS+ does *not* support sparse files, which is kind of a
> bummer.  I'll play around with mol running on os x a bit more.  I look
> forward to when the os x version is ready for official release :-)
>
> I don't know if you've seen this, but when I was booting off the os 9.1
> install cd, I got a lot of
>
> ">> os_seek error"
>
> messages even though it did eventually boot fine.  This seems to be
> coming from the OpenFirmware stage of boot.

Hi Ted -

I'm surprised that you were able to get MOL to boot from the thread I
started, because I haven't succeeded yet. Here's what I get (note that
my boot disk according to df is /dev/disk1, and /dev/rdisk1 according
to pdisk; they both behave the same):

# ./startmol -X
Running from the source tree.
Mac-on-Linux 0.9.70-rc2 [Mar 20 2004 21:14]
Copyright (C) 1997-2004 Samuel Rydh
Starting MOL session 1
Using timebase frequency 24.932 MHz from /etc/molrc
Locking RAM
Running in PowerPC 750 mode, 96 MB RAM
Warning: Using hardcoded clock frequency (350 MHz)
Timebase: 24.93 MHz, Bus: 99.72 MHz, Clock: 350 MHz
---> Failed opening '/dev/input/mice': No such file or directory
OHCI USB controller registered
Could not open '/var/local/mol/x11.kbd'
Video driver(s): [xvideo]

      640* 480, depth 8,32   { 0.0 } Hz
      800* 600, depth 8,32   { 0.0 } Hz
     1024* 768, depth 8,32   { 0.0 } Hz
     1152* 864, depth 8,32   { 0.0 } Hz
     1280*1024, depth 8,32   { 0.0 } Hz
     1600*1200, depth 8,32   { 0.0 } Hz

---> Invalid netdev flag '-tun'
find_packet_driver: Error
MOL SCSI controller registered

     <No SCSI Devices>

----> (disk_open) Opening /dev/cdrom: No such file or directory
----> (disk_open) Opening /dev/rdisk1: Device busy

 >> MacOS X Boot Loader 0.9.70-pre1
 >> SyncRead: error
 >> SyncRead: error
 >> --> Boot loader failure: No bootable disk found

cleaning up...
Terminating threads...
DONE

If you could send me your MOL output, and perhaps your MOL settings
from /etc/mol/molrc.osx and /etc/mol/molrc.macos, that would be super.

Thanks in advance -
Sam Bayer