Re: Does MOL require HFS+ to boot?

Subject: Re: Does MOL require HFS+ to boot?
From: Graeme Rae (grae@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 14:14:59 MDT

What do I need to umount? As far as I can tell I don't have anything
mounted that I wouldn't need :-)

/dev/sda5 on / type ext2 (rw)
none on /proc type proc (rw)
/dev/sda6 on /boot type hfs (rw)
/dev/sda8 on /home type ext2 (rw)
none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,gid=5,mode=620)

Do I need to _mount_ the mac HFS+ drive?

Graeme

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000 16:06:18 Dallas Blair wrote:
> Maybe I'm wrong on this, but I seem to have gotten similar messages
> when I was first running MOL, also. I think what is causing so many
> problems is that maybe the drives aren't being unmounted before
> starting MOL. Try starting after a umount command and see what
> happÿèXÿêXDATA
ens.

> Regards,
> Dallas Blair

> >sits

> >> What ROM are you using- and is your /etc/molrc set up so that the
> >> boot volume is read/write (opposed to read-only)?
> >>

> >I've used three different ROMs - the one from the Linux2000 install CD,
> >one from my Mac System FolÿèXÿêXDATA
> >der, and one extracted from the Tome from the
> >apple update disk. All three were stripped and put in /usr/lib/mol/rom
> >
> >All of these give the same results.
> >
> >I have the following line in my molrc file:
> >
> >blkdev /dev/hda6 -rw
> >
> >This pÿèXÿêXDATA
oints to my 3.9 gig internal HFS+ drive. ( checked with pdisk -l)