Re: Eudora

Subject: Re: Eudora
From: maggi (maggi@userfriendly.net)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 22:05:54 MDT

Eric Estabrooks wrote:

> maggi wrote:
>
> > On 4/13/00, you wrote:
> > >I've recently been having some strange behavior. The only thing I've
> > >been running on the Mac side is Eudora, as I've yet to get Kerberos
> > >running on the linux side, etc., etc.
>
> This is what I had to do to get ethernet working
>
> make sure this is in your molrc (in etc) or your molrc.sys if you use that:
>
> disable_osi_enet: no
> enet_interface: eth0
>
> also when you are in mol you need to run the tcp/ip control panel, change your
> information and save it, go back in and change it again and save it and it
> should work. There was a note in a secondary faq that said that mol needed to
> have tcp/ip stuff save from within mol in order for it to be used by mol.
>
> Eric

I checked the molrc and that is in there exactly the same ..

In mol, the tcp/ip settings are - ip address is the static ip of the
mac; the router changed to the static IP of linux; saved it, closed it.
Opened tcp/ip again and the settings were what i had just changed them
to, so i just retyped them again, saved, closed.

Still doesn't work .. i get an "error in your tcp settings" message when
i try to open instant messenger, icq just flat out refuses to connect,
and all kinds of server errors when i try to retrieve email.

  - maggi