Re: update - Connecting to outside world

Subject: Re: update - Connecting to outside world
From: maggi (maggi@userfriendly.net)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 00:16:13 MDT

Ok, here's where it stands now ..

I am able to get MOL running fine .. no problems with that. As far as
connecting to the outside world, we tried using IP Masq/EtherTap and it
just wouldn't work. There are two ip's assigned to this computer, one
for the mac and one for linux.

Now, after connecting with MOL, tcp/ip settings are set using the linux
ip number as the gateway. Tried it using the regular gateway number for
our LAN and that works as well. I can get to the outside world ...
but only for a few minutes.

ICQ connects, email connects and collects mail, but then all of a
sudden, it's like the connection just drops. I noticed in the console
window that i'm getting a constant scroll of " <*> Can't allocate
packet datas (60) " the number in parenthesis changes, and it's just a
constant scroll. It doesn't stop until i kill the pid for MOL.

I'm not using tap0 as it didn't work, and it's using eth0.

Don't know if this is specific enough information, but any help/ideas
would be greatly appreciated ... it's soooo close to working right!!

TIA

  - maggi