appletalk in MOL with IP masq/ethertap

Subject: appletalk in MOL with IP masq/ethertap
From: Jeff Whitaker (jswhit@mac.com)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 21:10:42 MDT

Thanks to the page posted by Michael Peters, I've got MoL working with
IP masq and ethertap. Networking is now much more stable, and I've got
connectivity to the Linux side. Using MacOS 9, I found it necessary to
downgrade OT from 2.6.1 to 2.0.3 to make it work. However, in the
Chooser, no network printers or appletalk servers show up (as they do
when I run MoL without IP masq, using a separate IP address). I can
connect to appletalk servers manually, but can't seem to get any
printers to show up. Do I need to forward the appletalk protocol with
ipchains or ipmasqadm? Or am I missing something obvious with the
TCP/IP settings in the MacOS?

-Jeff