Default C compiler

Subject: Default C compiler
From: Patrick Reed (preed@rses.org)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 13:55:16 MDT

Hello,

Hi I just installed LinuxPPC on my system and am now trying to install Apache, the problem is that when I attempt to ./configure I get the message that a compiler with the name gcc or c can not be found in the PATH. What is the default C compiler installed with LinuxPPC and what is the Path to it? Also, if there is no compiler included in a basic installation, how do you install a compiler without already having one installed? Thanks in advance.

Patrick Reed