OT: Re: Default C compiler

Subject: OT: Re: Default C compiler
From: Nelson Abramson (pogtal@erols.com)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 14:55:12 MDT

Patrick Reed wrote:

> Hello, Hi I just installed LinuxPPC on my system and am now trying to
> install Apache, the problem is that when I attempt to ./configure I
> get the message that a compiler with the name gcc or c can not be
> found in the PATH. What is the default C compiler installed with
> LinuxPPC and what is the Path to it? Also, if there is no compiler
> included in a basic installation, how do you install a compiler
> without already having one installed? Thanks in advance. Patrick Reed

If you installed off of the linuxppc-lite disc, or didn't select the
"developer" packages, you didn't get any compiler. Go over to one of
the ftp mirrors, or rpmfind, and get yourself the necessary compiler
apps (gcc, cpp, glibc, make, etc).

Also, why is this on the mac-on-linux list?
HTH
--Nelson Abramson

--
"Apparently if you play the Windows NT CD backwards you hear satanic messages"
"You think that's bad, if you play it forwards it installs Windows NT!"