Can't Allocate Packet Error [OS9, OS9 ROM, OT from 8.6]

Subject: Can't Allocate Packet Error [OS9, OS9 ROM, OT from 8.6]
From: Robert Frezza (bfrezza@stanford.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 15:16:22 MDT

Still having trouble with
        Can't allocate packet datas <x>
They come frequently when there is heavy TCP activity on the linux
side, cause the mac to slow down greatly, and cause OT errors (can't
allocate resources after a few minutes, OT becomes unusable). The Mac has
it's own unique IP. I'm using LinuxPPC2000 Full, OS9, the ROM from OS9, a
G3/500 upgraded PowerMac7500. I have these problems with the OS9 OT, and after
downgrading to the OT from 8.6. The mac's IP also still behaves strangely - it
replies to pings 4x rather than just once, and may be sending all (or receiving
all) packets multiple times for some reason.

Has anyone ever had this problem and subsequently fixed it?

-Bob