mol and TCP/IP

Subject: mol and TCP/IP
From: Luk-Marie Decroos (lmd@pandora.be)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 15:38:52 MDT

Hi,

I 'm running linuxppc2000 on a PPC7500 upgraded with a XLR G3/366 cpu.
My Mac disk has Mac OS 9.0.4 installed.
I have now mol and TCP/IP running on a fast Asante ethernetcard (old version
with tulip chipset). I didn't installed a ipchains on the linuxbox. It seems
that the asante ethernet card can handle mulptiple ip adresses because the
linux and the mol IP are both active (With different IP adresses).
Before I installed this card I did some tests with the Mac ethernet interface
(mace) and a farallon fast ethernet board without any succes.

The only problem that I couldn't solve yet is that I must put the XLR extension
(to enable the backside cache), but it seems that the mac OS use the backside
cache because it is seen by the Apple System Profiler.

Best regards

Luk-Marie