Problems with MOL on 450 MHz AGP G4

Subject: Problems with MOL on 450 MHz AGP G4
From: sir James the Wise (j.sneyd@massey.ac.nz)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 21:47:21 MDT

I still cannot get MOL to boot on my 450 MHz AGP G4 (the new one).
The only ROM that even begins to work is the 1.6 version on the YD
Linux page. Although that begins to boot, I then get an error message
that the ROM is incompatible with System 9.0.2 (the one on my Mac
partition). The ROM from the G4 install CD doesn't even begin to
work. Neither does the 1.8.1 version on the YD Linux page. Neither
does the ROM stripped from a System 8.6 install CD. Does anyone know
how to get around this problem? Can anyone give me details of a ROM,
a System map and a Linux kernel that will all work together to get
MOL booting on these machines?

I'm running kernel 2.2.15pre3.

I've noticed some others asking that question, but I couldn't find
any solution described anywhere. My apologies if I've missed it.

Thanks in advance.

James

James Sneyd Ph: 64-9-443-9799 x9528
I.I.M.S. Fax: 64-9-441-8181