tap0 and MacOS 9.0.4

Subject: tap0 and MacOS 9.0.4
From: Christoph Ewering (eweri@cunde.de)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 04:50:17 MDT

Hello everybody!

I just wanted so setup my linux and mol to use tap0 instead of eth0.
But after the setup I can not ping linux from mol and I can not ping
mol from linux.

In the docs I´ve found (www.???) was that I have to expect problems
with this configuration. Because I´m using the same MacOS for mol
and standalone, I don´t want to install OpenTransport from MacOS
8.6 (even if this is possible on a pismo)

So my question:

Is someone running this configuration, mol, MacOS 9.0.4 and tap0?

This is why I want it:
If there is no hub connected to the ethernetport of my pismo, I can not
connect from mol to linux via netatalk. I hope I can do this when I´m
using tap0.
Or maybe I doing something wrong.

Thanks,
    Christoph

--
Dipl. Ing. Christoph Ewering    C & E Informationsdienste GbR
0 52 54 80 68 66 oder 0172 78 50 86 4