Re: tap0 and MacOS 9.0.4

Subject: Re: tap0 and MacOS 9.0.4
From: Samuel Rydh (samuel@ibrium.se)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 15:39:17 MDT

On Wed, Aug 09, 2000 at 12:50:17PM +0200, Christoph Ewering wrote:
> Hello everybody!
>
> I just wanted so setup my linux and mol to use tap0 instead of eth0.
> But after the setup I can not ping linux from mol and I can not ping
> mol from linux.
>
> In the docs I´ve found (www.???) was that I have to expect problems
> with this configuration. Because I´m using the same MacOS for mol
> and standalone, I don´t want to install OpenTransport from MacOS
> 8.6 (even if this is possible on a pismo)

I suggest you wait untill I've uploaded 0.9.49 (I've been
about to do so for quite some while - it should definitely be
available before next week).

Networking has been fixed in 0.9.49 (netatalk works with the
both the sheep_net driver and the tap driver). Note that it is
necessary to compile the tap device with CONFIG_ETHERTAP_MC
defined in order to run netatalk on it (uncomment a line
in the file drivers/net/ethertap.c).

Cheers,

 E-mail <samuel@ibrium.se> WWW: <http://www.ibrium.se>
  Phone/fax: (home) +46 8 4418431, (work) +46 8 7908470