Re: Ext2 volumes from MOL

Subject: Re: Ext2 volumes from MOL
From: James T. Platt (james.platt@yale.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 12:35:51 MDT

>I downloaded Mountx today and it crashed my Imac with OS9, and 7200/90
>with 8.1
>and 7.5.5
>
>I put the Mount x in the extentions folder and then when I restarted it
would
>crash as soon as I touched my mouse or keyboard, or sooner :)

Yes, That's what I got also. I also have a 7200/90 but with 9.0.4. MountX
worked when my Linux partitions had the Apple_UNIX_SVR2 type but when I
upgraded to LinuxPPC 2000 I also changed the partition types to Linux_PPC
for no other reason than that it seemed like the right thing to do. After
that, Mac OS would freeze on loading the MountX extention.

When I get a larger hard drive, I am going to install LinuxPPC on my PB G3
Mainstreet. I figure I will use the Apple_UNIX_SVR2 type partitions since
Linux can use that (I think) and I will see if MountX works properly. I
don't really want to risk changing the partition type on my 7200 since it
would actually be a setback if I lost my Linux install there.

James T. Platt
james.platt@yale.edu