Re: mol-0.9.49 uploaded

Subject: Re: mol-0.9.49 uploaded
From: Zachery Bir (zbir@chimpanzee.techead.com)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 06:56:55 MDT

> A new release of mol (0.9.49) has been uploaded.
> The main new features:
>
> - Improved networking. In particular, it is now possible
> to communicate between MOL and linux (and yes, netatalk
> works just fine).
>
> - The tap driver is now interfaced directly without
> using the sheep_net driver.

Samuel,

Thanks so much! It's an excellent job. One thing, though, and I'm not a
super network genius. Now that I can see back to the linux side, Internet
Explorer can't see any other external hosts. It can see other machines on
our network, but not outside. Can anybody offer any insight?

I upgraded to the new rpm and rebooted the machine, per your suggestion.
Now, whenever I try to access an external host, IE just reports "Sending
request" and just spins and spins.

I have no problems with other internet apps reaching external hosts
like Telnet or FTP. It seems to just be a web thing, as bringing up
Netscape doesn't alleviate the problem.

Any ideas, folks?

Thanks,

Zac

$name="zachery bir"; $email="zbir@techead.com";
$position="systems administrator"; $altposition="witch doctor";
$voice="804.782.6971"; $web="http://www.techead.com";