Networking with .0.9.49...

Subject: Networking with .0.9.49...
From: Michael Coyle (coyle@ResExcellence.com)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 11:05:58 MDT

Hello Gang,

With the new 0.9.49, I leave networking with it's default setting:

netdev: eth0

And here is what happens under the MacOS. Using utilities to ping and
trace,everything looks great, but in reality, I can't get anywhere.

Netscape (Mac) says it has found a host and is connecting, but it never does.

Eudora gets as far as sending a password, but never farther.

It's like it's _almost_ there. I'm using Ben's 2.2.17pre16-ben1 kernel.
Any ideas?

Thnaks,
Michael

ResExcellence: http://www.ResExcellence.com
Make your Mac look better, work harder!
Icons, Desktops, Splashscreens, ResEdit mods and more...