X/MOL keyboard configuration under LinuxPPC

Subject: X/MOL keyboard configuration under LinuxPPC
From: Bill Hutten (bhutten@cochran.com)
Date: Fri Aug 25 2000 - 09:50:24 MDT

Hi all:

OK, now that I have MOL running I have a different question. In the MOL
window the Command-key is not working in MacOS - it's as though MOL
ignores it. I assume this is related to my X keyboard configuration - in
normal operation the Command key on my PowerBook functions as the Linux
"Alt" key. In BootX I have "adb_buttons=55,58" as kernel parameters -
this gives me option-2 and option-3 as the middle and right mouse buttons
in KDE. Is this related to this problem? How do I get the Command-key
to work in MOL?

Also, if I use Command-Control-8 to switch to the MOL full-screen window
(as root), I'm completely unable to switch back to any other console.
The only way to get out of MOL is to select "Shutdown" from the Finder
"Special" menu - then MOL exits correctly and I'm back at KDE. This
problem with switching between virtual screens doesnt seem to happen if
I'm not root. (ie, as a regular using I can Command-Control-7 etc and
everything works fine...)

Does anyone know what my problem is? (this specific problem... :))
If this is an RTFM just point me to the correct M...

Thanks

- bill
bhutten@cochran.com db+www
Cochran Interactive