Re: MOL 0.9.50: _No_ Sound, But Startboing Works

Subject: Re: MOL 0.9.50: _No_ Sound, But Startboing Works
From: Matt Haffner (haffner@astro.wisc.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 08:54:46 MDT

David Augsburger wrote:

> I've looked for the "MOL Sound" output device, but didn't see this choice.
> I've tried experimenting with the only choice available besides "CD," and
> that is "Sound In." I've also tried to open the MOL Sound extension
> (knowing it would fail), just to make my Mac aware of it. None of these
> attempts worked.
>
> Is this choice you mention, specific to MOL?

Yes it only shows up when the MOL Audio Extension loads, which afaik is
only when MacOS is loading up under MOL. The choice is in the OUTPUT
section and is called 'MOL Audio'. I have no INPUT choices under MOL. I
should note that I'm running MacOS 9.0.4, so it's not the M&S CP
anymore, just the sound panel. I wonder if maybe 8.1 is too old for the
audio extension to work?

mh

--
Matt Haffner                      /|------|\    University of Wisconsin